[ANSTHRLD] Advice on two blazons

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 5 19:25:09 PDT 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> I had sent this link to Engenulf earlier but he may not have gotten
> it.  Anyway I offered to ost the image and he sent it to me.  Here
> is a link for those who want an image to look at.
>
> http://sca.bmhanson.net/images/cherish.gif

Thank you very much.  The image makes all the difference.

That's returnable for being unblazonable, for two independent reasons:

- The "base" is too high for a real base and too low to be "per fess".

- There's no good way to blazon the fact that the horizontal line has
  exactly three upward indentations (left edge, middle, right edge),
  the lozenge has exactly the same angles as the indentations, and
  that it's issuant from the middle point.

Was there fimbriation too?  If so, then the picture doesn't match
that.

If I consulted with such a client on a redesign, I'd talk about some
elements of period style, like how items with complex outlines (the
bunny here) and not that common were substantially more likely to be
primary charges.  Of course, I'd also ask what colors and what
elements were most important to the client.

Daniel Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com