[ANSTHRLD] Help please: "summary" in the Name Documentation area

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Apr 7 17:02:05 PDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> You are of course right.  Made me go back and look at what i
> acltually put on the forms in those 2 cases.

And he provided two great examples.  I wanted to point out a couple of
good points in the examples:

> "Margarite McBridin had a precept of remission 'pro murthuro unius
> viri inventi [? Iuventi] in domo de Balokert' in 1529"

We can see the exact text (and it's short, so not a clutter) and judge
it for ourselves.

> Lisette - Withycombe, E. G. Dictionary of English Christian Names, 3rd edition.
>    Page 100 under the entry for Elizabeth show Lisette as a French
>    variation that was occasionally used in England.
>    Also, the Ansteorran Gazette from August 1991 under entry number
>    26.  Lisette Gabrielle de Bar give additional documentation
>    dating the name of Lisette de Montalba to April 6 1528 in a book
>    by Leah Lydia Otis entitled Prostitution in Medieval Society.

The first citation is incomplete for our purposes but many commenters
have the book.  The second is a nice cite, but they may have
normalized the name (or it may be unreliable) and few people have the
book.  So
- taking two independent routes to try to achieve the same result,
  when neither is a slam dunk
- if nobody comes up with better docs, at least it's a silent prompt
  to Asterisk to dig out the old file, take those docs to the meeting,
  and get it forwarded to Laurel with the LoI

Danihel de Lindocollino
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com