[ANSTHRLD] Question for new Herald - Name Release

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Apr 13 08:49:00 PDT 2007

Viviana wrote:
>   I have a question from a client and as a new Herald, I
> figured this was the best place to ask.

Always!

>   My client's name submission is at Laurel's Level.  Her
> device was declined.  She wishs to revoke her name that is
> going through the process and resubmit her name (one she used
> in another kingdom) as well as a new device.

Details are always very helpful when answering -- since the answers can vary
depending on where in the process she is, exactly... What is the name?

>   My questions are thus:
>
>   1.  Can she revoke the name if it has not pasted yet?

If it has not yet been ruled on by Kingdom, then it can still be withdrawn.
Have her send an email to Asterisk and Bordure both with the request.
If it has not yet been ruled on by Laurel (not kingdom), then it can
probably still be withdrawn. She'll need to send an email to Bordure with
the request, so I can get the withdrawal notice put on the next Letter of
Intent.

>   2.  If so, can she resubmit another name without paying another fee?

Yes, as long as she does so within 2 years.

>   3.  If she cannot revoke it, what is the process to get a
> Principle Name Change?

Look on the name form, and you'll see checkboxes for "Name change", and then
more (yay!) for what to do with the currently name (keep it as an alternate
name, or release it entirely). It'll be another $9 since otherwise this is a
'new' action.

>   4.  Should we wait to submit her device if she, in fact,
> has to issue a Name Change?

It's always nice to send stuff up at exactly the same time, or spaced three
months apart, due to filing issues on the back end. Trust me. :)

-Emma, Bordure