[ANSTHRLD] LoPtC order names

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Apr 18 12:28:44 PDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Serpentine Pursuivant <lochherald at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is protocol for LoPtC

It took me a little bit to decode that: you mean Letter of Permission
to Conflict?  I usually see it spelled out as "letter of permission".

> as far as baronial order names are concerned?  Does the barony need
> to send a copy to Laurel?  Does it need to follow the paper trail
> through kingdom like a regular name?

A letter of permission is documentation.  It's handled like any other
documentation.  A copy is sent to the submitter who's, er, submitting.
They make one copy for each applicable submission form, just like
if they were making copies of pages of a book to support their name or
whatever, and send it all up.

> I am assuming there is no cost to the granting barony as they are
> not registering a name just granting permission.

No, no cost to them.  No extra cost to the submitter who's received
permission, either, just like copies from a book.

Details, please, like who's granting permission for what to whom for
what?  Do you have the standard form for such letters, and do you know
who needs to sign it?

Danet Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com