[ANSTHRLD] doodle sheets (was: Thanks from the new kid)

Coblaith Mhuimhneach Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 19 14:11:02 PDT 2007

Britt wrote:
> I think I will need to make more than my current 25 copies of the
> submission form though.  I am very visual so seeing the picture to go
> with the words works best. . .

Teceangl replied:
> Scan/copy the shield, reduce, and stick four on a sheet (or more, if
> you can work that small).

There's a ready-made doodle sheet on the Free Heraldry Clipart site
<http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/Doodle1.html>.  The escutcheons
are rounded at the bottom, rather than pointed like the one on the
submission form, but it shouldn't matter for sketching.

By the way, when I'm sketching possible devices for myself, I try out
the real contenders on a variety of shapes.  Some of the ones I've
liked best on the S.C.A. heater didn't translate at all well to other
formats.  I use center-boss-shield-shapes, early-period-banner-shapes,
etc., but the one I rely on most is a simple gonfalon
<http://b-b-fam.home.texas.net/Coblaith/gonfalon.jpg>.  Since I don't
fight, that's how I'll most likely be seeing my arms (assuming I ever
register any) most of the time.

> . . .I usually have about a hundred of these lying about and one day
> while copying at Office Max they told me they'd drill the stack for
> three-ring binder for a pittance. I only was making 20 copies but I
> promptly bought a ream of paper and had the whole thing drilled.. . .

Just a note:  Any good copy shop will have three-hole-punched paper in
stock, and most will let you use it in the self-serve copiers at no
additional cost.

Coblaith Mhuimhneach
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>