[ANSTHRLD] Advice on two blazons

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 5 13:05:53 PDT 2007

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Mike Wyvill <wyvillmike at hotmail.com> wrote:
> First a relatively simply blazon. I have looked over the ICC for
> January regarding charges over field divisions where the charge
> obscures the division between two colors. This device does not have
> a complex line division but the same two colors are involved.
>
> Per bend gules and sable, a cross crosslet argent.

That charge doesn't overlay the line of division in the way that "Per
bend ... a bend" or "Per pale ... a pale" does.  Even if it did, hte
line of division is not complex.

I haven't looked, but I would suspect that it conflicts.  If it
doesn't, I'd ask the client whether they'd accept a field division
that's more common in period than in the SCA, like "per fess".
(If you're gonna grab a spiffy design, might as well go for all the
spiff possible.)

Danielis Lincolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com