[ANSTHRLD] Help please - Conflict check for "Gyronny sable and Or, a wolf rampant holding a key azure"

Luciana Caterina di Borghese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:18:16 PDT 2007

Thank you for all the help.

I went home yesterday, feeling really good about this, only to find an email
waiting for me. It would appear that the submittor has decided on the key in
red (which is good) and the wolf rampant in argent (which meant conflict
checking the whole dratted thing again)

I believe that the blazon would read "Gyronny of sable and Or, a wolf
rampant argent maintaining a key gules"

When conflict checking, I found five possible conflicts. Two of them, I am
thinking would clear because of the wolves' position. One, that has a charge
on the rampant wolf, I am uncertain of. Two, I think would probably
conflict....unless.....I read the rules for submission correctly.

Specifically, this would be RFS.X.4.ii.b *"If the fields of two pieces of
field-primary armory have no tinctures in common, they are considered
completely different and do not conflict, irrespective of any other
similarities between them." *I also found RFS X.4.ii.a, which says: "*If two
pieces of field-primary armory have substantially different partitions, they
are considered sufficiently different and do not conflict, irrespective of
any other similarities between them." *

These seem to me to say that if there is absolutely no common color in the
field, or if the divisions of the fields do not match at all, then there is
no conflict, even if there are wolves of the same tincture and position in
the devices' blazons.

Have I correctly interpreted this?

Thank you for the assistance,
Luciana

~*~

Wolfangus MhicMarighdhin
Azure, a wolf sejant erect affronty, forepaws spread in fess, argent,
maintaining a basket-hilted broadsword and a targe Or.
1 CD for the background, 1 CD for the position of the wolf?
*Seems clear*

Johnathan Crusadene Whitewolf
Gules, ermined argent, a wolf rampant argent.
1 CD for the background
Would RFS.X.4.ii.a &/or RFS.X.4.ii.b make this clear automatically because
of the backgroud?
*not sure*

Aidan of Stelton Wald
Per saltire sable and gules, a wolf rampant argent charged on the shoulder
with a Celtic cross sable.
1 CD for the background, 1 CD for the charge on the wolf?
*not sure*

Lothar der Grauwolf
Quarterly gules and pean, a wolf sejant erect reguardant argent, maintaining
in the dexter paw a torch and in the sinister a sword Or.
1 CD for field, 1 CD for wolf's position?
*seems clear*

Robert Strongbow
Vert, a wolf rampant argent, grasping in its erect sinister forepaw a bow
gules, held fesswise, and in its dexter forepaw a sheaf of three clothyard
shafts Or, armed and flighted argent.
1 CD for field, 1 CD for the bow and arrows?

--
В Обслуживании,
Леди Лучане Катерине де Боргезе

"If it's difficult we do it immediately.  If it's impossible it takes a
little longer.......  Miracles by appointment only"