[ANSTHRLD] Help please - Conflict check for "Gyronny sable and Or, a wolf rampant holding a key azure"

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 10:43:39 PDT 2007

(Do you have your PicDic handy to double check me on this, Daniel?)  I believe the default posture for keys is the way you emblazoned them (using the "business end to chief" rule of thumb.  Otherwise they would be blazoned as "palewise".

  They size of the keys look good, but the wolf still has a little more room to grow (for that extra effort to make it identifiable on a neutral field).

  Tostig

Luciana Caterina di Borghese <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
  Thank you! I was hoping that I was reading it correctly, but I had a
sinking suspicion that I was not.

I truly do apologize for the poor usage of terminology. Up until recently, I
have been focusing more on 'name heraldry' and am only now beginning to turn
my attention to devices. I am also doing this during the free seconds at
work between calls. I do promise, however, to endeavor to not repeat the
same mistake twice.

I did not post the 'whens' and 'who's' for the possible conflicts, because
there is already an alternative lined up - three keys. He would like to have
the device be as simple as possible, but he also likes the idea of the wolf
being within three keys also. This is the design that he appears to be
favoring at the moment:

< http://www.geocities.com/elfsea_herald/Devices/Alexander/alexander1.JPG >

If I have gotten this correct, I think the blazon would mostly read:
"Gyronny sable and Or, a wolf rampant Argent maintaining a key within three
keys gules." I am not certain, though, what needs to be added to indicate
that the direction of the keys is parallel to the wolf.

Thank you again,
Luciana

--
÷ ïÂÓÌÕÖÉ×ÁÎÉÉ,
ìÅÄÉ ìÕÞÁÎÅ ëÁÔÅÒÉÎÅ ÄÅ âÏÒÇÅÚÅ

"If it's difficult we do it immediately. If it's impossible it takes a
little longer....... Miracles by appointment only"