[ANSTHRLD] Question regarding Guild Devices

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Mon Apr 23 12:12:44 PDT 2007

Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
>  Sable, a needle, point in base, Or threaded argent, between in pale two pairs of open scissors, the upper inverted, conjoined at the points argent.

Alright.  I am purty rusty on translating the blazon to emblazon so lets see if I have this one right.

Lets break this down.

- Sable,
A black field

- a needle, point in base, Or threaded argent
gold needle with its point facing down with a silver thread
This is what is throwing me a little.  If it is how i am picturing then I would have said point to base.  That or nowadays just leave it off as that is the default posture.  It was registered in 1984 though so i do not know if they were using "default" postures back then for needles.

- between in pale two pars of open scissors, the upper inverted, conjoined at the points argent
2 silver scissors with the points touching and th top with the handle towards the top, bottom with the handle towards the bottom.  Think 2 Xs (sorta) sitting on top of each other.
The needle would be in the diamond shape created by the scissors.

Alright, how off base am I?

Alasdair

PS.  Viviana, i did find this. http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/OfficerBadges.htm  is that what you were remembering?  If so then they do not have an image for this badge.