[ANSTHRLD] An Loch

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Aug 31 08:38:29 PDT 2007

Wendel Bordelon wrote:
> The reason this is the first time you have seen a branch do it is
> because branches are not supposed to use a different name than what is
> registered.  Sounds like Star has some 'splain to do ...
>
> --Francois

Greetings!

I am an out-Kingdom lurker on this list, but I couldn't help but chime
in on this one. In Artemisia, there is a Shire in the town that is the
state capital. Originally they submitted Castelleone - Lion Castle in
Spanish. This was returned for further work because of conflict with the
Kingdom of CastileLeon in the September 1997  LoAR. They really wanted
this name, so the addition of 'Nuovo' made the group name Castelleone
Nuovo and this was registered in December of 1998.

For years after that, I kept hearing people refer to the Shire of
Castelleone. At one time, all the group names for the Kingdom were read
out during a Coronation ceremony and the Shire of Castelleone was given
without the Nuovo added. I was told by many Shire members that 'the
Nuovo was silent'. I still have gotten them to consistently use the
entire Shire name.

So, this is not something only in one Kingdom. :-)

Baroness Shauna
Artemisian lurker