[ANSTHRLD] If Whole when Part? A CD Question

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Dec 5 08:28:55 PST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Britt <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been codified for years that if two types of critter are
> different types by X.4.e., so are their parts

versus

> ...we grant difference between a dragon and an eagle -- but none
> between a dragon's foot and an eagle's foot. (Laeghaire O Laverty,
> August, 1993, pg. 5)
> We give no difference between an eagle's jamb and a dragon's jamb.
> ... (Barony of One Thousand Eyes, 4/98 p. 19)

Would you please address the contradiction here?  (The whole charges
have X.2 difference, but that's stronger than and subsumes X.4.e)
In particular, can you explain how you could find difference in parts
that look nearly identical, when they are purported to come from
different types of creatures?

Danihel Lindum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com