[ANSTHRLD] Name Conflict Question - X-Posted

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:49:43 PST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 8:35 AM, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
> Britt <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Elizabeth Blackthorne is an active herald, however.  Consider
> >  approaching for permission to conflict.
>
> Hmm.  Learn something new everyday.  I thought that permission to conflict was only applicable to armory.  I have never heard of it used with names before.

Admin Handbook section III.3. Permission to Conflict - The owner of
any item may allow the registration of a specific submission that
would otherwise conflict, as long as the new item is not identical to
the registered one. A letter of permission to conflict must accompany
the submission of the new item. (See Appendix D for a standard letter
of permission to conflict.)

Any item.

My favourite notorious permission to conflict was given by a friend to
another lady:

>From the June 1995 LoAR, Acceptances, East:

Morag NicMhaolain. Name.
The submitter has received a letter of permission to conflict from
Moreach nic Mhaolain.

So yes, permission can be given for names, too.

- Teceangl