[ANSTHRLD] An apology and warning from Asterisk

Asterisk Herald asterisk.ansteorra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:35:46 PST 2007

Greetings unto the College of Heralds!!

I apologize to those who have written me since Thangsgiving and have not
recieved a reply from me. As many of you know I am very good about replying
to messages not more than 48 hours after recieving the message.  And here's
the reason why you have not heard from me....

I got a nasty virus/trojan on my machine the day after Thanksgiving.  Please
be very careful of visiting websites that you may think is safe.  I visited
a .org website dedicated to musical instrument projects for children. My
daughter had a class assignment to make her own musical instrument.  I
visited a .org website and as soon as the page loaded, I got a pop up window
that looked like a DoS window. I immediately clicked it off but it was
apparently too late. I got infected with the Zlob and Smitfraud trojan. This
thing will take over your entire computer!!  I use Norton and McAffee and my
definitions are updated every night while I sleep. Neither detected this
thing and neither did Spybot.  This virus changed my wallpaper, opened up
over 40 Internet Explorer windows at a time and crashed Microsoft Outlook.
The only sites I could look at without Explorer crashing was Anti-Virus
sites. I was only able to get rid of it after finding a paid program, a few
days ago, called Stopzilla. Stopzilla found over 300 occurrences of this
trojan on my machine!

Please be patient with with me as I sort through all the e-mails and get
back to you...this may take me a couple of days.

In Service,
Lady Maria Cabeca de Vaca
Asterisk Herald
Ansteorran College of Heralds