[ANSTHRLD] If Whole when Part? A CD Question

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 13:47:41 PST 2007

I dunno, I see the first as being true only if the second doesn't apply.

A minotaur's head conflicts with a bull's head.

A griffin's head conflicts with an eagles head.

Granted, a dragon's jambe is SLIGHTLY different from an eagle's, but not that much.

I wouldn't expect a CD between a unicorn's jambe and EITHER a horse's OR a goat's, but I might contest the matter between the latter two. I'd lose, but...

It's much like the fact that you can't blazon ordinaries differently to get around conflict.
Per fess sable and gules a fess argent is the same as argent a chief sable and a base gules.

I think I read your note wrong. It's the FIRST statement you take issue with. I agree with you then.