[ANSTHRLD] question about augmentation

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Feb 1 09:45:13 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Darin Herndon <DHerndon at chkenergy.com> wrote:
> Emma, can you pin down the point count precedent for stars?

I am *so* not Emma, but that one's easy.  The precedent for points on
a mullet/estoile is that the CD for number of points is the same as
the CD for number of charges, RfS X.4.f:

     f. Number Changes - Significantly changing the number of charges
     in any group placed directly on the field or overall is one clear
     difference.

     One, two, and three are significantly different from any number,
     four is significantly different from six or more, and five is
     significantly different from eight or more. Six and higher
     numbers, including sem of charges, are not significantly different
     from each other.

I believe, but haven't checked precedents to be sure, that a mullet of
N greater and M lesser points counts as a mullet of N+M points, but I
think there's a precedent for having no CD for a mullet of 4 points
versus a compass star.

> then we may only have to get a letter from Eliahu ben Itzhak from
> the Middle (I know that name for some reason but cannot remember
> why)

Long-time Middle Kingdom duke.  He lived in Cynnabar, my old group,
for years before I moved there.  I don't know whether he's still
active, but it wouldn't suprise me.

Dannet "point counting" de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com