[ANSTHRLD] question about augmentation

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 11:03:15 PST 2007

> Eliahu ben Itzhak (has a possibly conflicting device
> and badge)

Would that mean that, without a letter of permission
to conflict, no Ansteorran could use a Black Star on a
gold field as their augmentation? That seems so sad.
:(

And didn't someone say something about widgets
registered as badges and especially designated for use
as augmentations? If *Ansteorra* could get a letter of
permission to conflict, would that then mean the
kingdom could register a Black Star on a gold field as
a badge and use it for augmentations?

I'm not thinking so much about Modius' specific
augmentation anymore; just kind of wondering in
general. Sorry if this is a rehash of anything - I
imagine there's *some* reason the kingdom hasn't
registered a lone Black Star as a badge.

Also, can anyone tell me what sorts of forms it's
appropriate for augmentations to take? Cantons, I
know, but what else? I get the impression that you can
just add an element to your device (as long as it
clears conflict, etc.), but it seems like that's as
likely to look like a change of device as an
augmentation of arms. Is there anything other than
cantons that reads as being particularly
"augmentation-y"? I guess in Ansteorra, anything with
our mullet of 5 greater and 5 lesser points (in any
color) would look augmentation-y to me, but maybe
that's just me.