[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 2 13:29:58 PST 2007

On 1/2/07, Crandall <crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lion's are different. Not needing precedence,
> rather than having no precedence.

As I noted in another message, from the point of view of the Order of
Precedence, the Lion is not different from other awards.
In practice, recipients tend to already have awards at level 10
(peerage) or above.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Tomas Niallagain <siortomas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I am curious if any Lion has ever asked
> to have their OP entry expunged except for Lion of Ansteorra?

As noted in the SCA Inc Governing Documents under sca.org, the only
way for a person to remove their own award(s) is by their mailing
written letters of resignation (sent to various recipients depending
on the type of award).

It's rarely done.  The only example that I know of, and I'm uncertain
on this, was Tadhg Liath, who was not a Lion.  I believe that he
resigned all his awards except his Pelican.

Danihel Lindum Colonia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com