[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 2 14:02:44 PST 2007

Morgan Buchanan wrote:
> That's not a bad point.  I mean, it doesn't actually list Kings and Queens....  Look at any King or Queen who reigned more than twice.  But perhaps it should.  (I'm specifically talking about the interactive searchable OP here)  But that it shows things like Kings Blade of Honor or champions which have no precedence, an argument could certainly be made that it could list someone's time as a landed.  Is there anyone who knows why it perhaps was chosen to not be listed?
>
> Morgan

Speaking on Inter Kingdom Anthropology (IKA) here - when I did the
majority of the work on the Artemisian
OP, we were still part of Atenveldt. All those who used to be Landed
Baronage were given an award similar
to Court Barony towards the end of our time with Atenveldt - it was a
time of change in that Kingdom, as well.
These folks were all to be declared 'Thegn' or 'BanThegn' of Atenveldt,
indicating former landed status, versus
Baron or Baroness which would indicate Court Baronage without having sat
as landed.

That practice is still followed in Atenveldt, I believe.

What we do in Artemisia, or we used to do at any rate, is tag 'Fourth
Baron of Loch Salann' onto the honors of
any particular individual who has sat as landed. The Founding Baron
and/or Baroness  get that particular appelation
as part of their full honors listing. We also rank former landed above
court in our OP, or at least we did. Things
might have changed very recently but as far as I know we still maintain
the difference.

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point, OP
Court Baroness