[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

POP3 User rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 2 20:54:03 PST 2007

Francois wrote:

> There is an error is the way the B-in-F records are currently being
> recorded that unfortunately effect the recorded precedence.   At the
> moment the received date is the date the person entered into fief and
> it should have the date the group was elevated to Barony for the
> precedence to be applied correctly.   The date the person entered into
> fief will continue to be included in the notes of the entry.
> Zodiacus will be correcting that this week.

Actually, that is the correct way to record it, but that date should not be
used to determine precedence.  I became Baron of the Steppes on February 13,
1988, but my precedence as Baron came from the creation of the barony in
1975.  Ideally, the code should not use the current baron's elevation date
to determine his or her precedence, but that date must be recorded in the
OP.  For most (not me) that date will determine their precedence as a Court
Baron/ess.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin