[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Thu Jan 11 21:12:44 PST 2007

There is a special version of a CB scroll for previous Landed B&Bs.  See
page 51 of the Official Awards Texts at
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/AwardTexts2005.pdf

The current version of the scroll reads:

Know ye that we ______ King and Queen of
Ansteorra in recognition of loyal service as the
{Baron/ess} of ______ and further in
consideration of especial deeds ability and grace
do by this our Charter advance ______ to the rank
and estate of {Baron/ess} of the Court of
Ansteorra with all responsibilities and privileges
thereto appertaining with precedence dating from
{his/her} investiture as {Baron/ess} of ______
on the ______ day of ______ Anno Societatis ______
being Anno Domini ______.  This is so done and
given in our ________ on the ______ day of
______ Anno Societatis ______ being Anno
Domini ______.

    King         Queen

So it specifically dates the precedence from the original investiture
while stating that it is given on the current day.

I had just looked this up a couple of months ago for some wonderful
scribes who were doing an original scroll and needed the words.

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron