[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 07:59:42 PST 2007

> I'm afraid I don't understand.  His citation shows
> that the text for
> CB-for-previous-LB is "an existing charter" and has
> been for one to two years now.

When I say "existing charter," I am referring to the
actual piece of paper, not just the text. While the
nifty and accurate CB-for-former-landeds text has been
available for awhile, it's not used on any of the
masters for our CB scrolls. Those all use the other
text, the page 49 one.

I think all the right answers to my questions are hard
ones (that involve things like original scrolls or new
charter masters), and not the easy ones I was hoping
for. Bah! Robin, thanks for confirming all my worst
fears. Hillary, I'm sorry! Maybe I owe you a charter
master now...

> Side question: do they hunt up the old crown who
> granted it to sign?

Uh, sort of. That's part of the job of Golden Scroll.
I either hunt up the old crown for their signature, or
I hunt up the old crown for permission to use their
signature on their behalf. In the case where a crown
has passed away or is completely inactive, I hunt up a
copy of the signature from a scroll actually issued
during that reign.