[ANSTHRLD] Device check please

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jan 22 12:15:17 PST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Steve Scott (Dietrich) <dietrich.strobelbart at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Would this pass and has it been registered?
> Argent, a lion Rampant sable, and on a tierce azure three
> fleur de lis argent

Blazon nits, in case you care:
* "rampant" is the default for lions, so we usually don't bother to
   blazon it
* Singular: "fleur-de-lys".  Plural: "fleurs-de-lys".
   "Lis" can be used instead of "lys".  Hyphens, and the plural "-s",
   are necessary.

Argent, a lion sable and on a tierce azure three fleurs-de-lis argent.

Charging a tierce has long been prohibited.

I didn't see any conflicts on a cursory search, but I put very little
time into it.  I'm more than a little surprised that "Argent, a lion
sable" isn't important non-SCA armory, but the proposal would not
conflict with that in any event.

Dankyn de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com