[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check help needed.

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Tue Jan 30 14:12:31 PST 2007

Alright, I admit it.  I am a terrible conflict checker.  I have tried but I need some help.  I have a submitter looking at the proposed device.

Per pale argent and azure, two moose combatant within a bordure embattled counterchanged.

Here is a link to the emblazon so you do not have to rely on my rusty blazoning skills.

http://sca.bmhanson.net/images/moose%20device.jpg

The submitter would like to have it without the bordure if possible, but I did find the following which I believe may conflict.

{AE}lfwynn of Boscastle:  Per pale argent and azure, two horses combatant counterchanged.

I may be wrong but I think the addition of the bordure is enough to clear the conflict.  1 CD for the bordure and 1 CD for the type of primary charge.  I do wonder if horses and moose are enough for a difference under RFS X.2.  If so could it be gotten without the bordure.

I have tried to look for what I believe to be other conflicts with the bordure added and am coming up surprisingly empty. I have tried looking at moose and stags as well as items per pale argent and azure  and per pale azure and argent.

I did find :

Constance de Saint Denis : Per pale azure and argent, a bordure embattled counterchanged.

but I believe that should be different under RFS X.1

At this point I am screaming for help with this conflict check.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alasdair