[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 2 15:15:14 PST 2007

I find this very interesting as a discussion, so I hope you don't take it
that I'm being argumentative.  For a relatively undereducated herald as
myself, I find it very educational.

So that being said, it seems that things like KC, QC, KBC and the like,
while they aren't awards, aren't exactly like "former baron or king" either.
The scroll texts of some of them (the champions basically) read just like
what they say they are, a ceremonial honor, and others read more like an
award, like the Kings or Queen's Blades.   That's not an argument for or
against, of couse.  I would't mind seeing a general notes section in the
online that allowed the freedom for Zodiacus to put in notes like "king from
1/1/01 to 7/1/01 or "baroness of mumblemumble from 1/1/01 to 1/1/05."  I
think that'd be cool.

So it could be argued that the OP is all about recording awards and honors
as well as anything that affects the order of precedence even if that
"anything" isn't an award or an honor.  IE, "King, queen, baron, baroness."

But I'm all for being able to FIND things.  It always annoys me when I go to
a group's (be it shire, barony, kingdom or anything else) web page and I
can't find a history page with a list of their past rulers...or champions...
I love history pages.

Just my $.02.

Morgan