[ANSTHRLD] ILoI Jul/07 Item #5 Administrative Notes

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Jul 2 17:37:06 PDT 2007

Tostig wrote:
> Please note that item #5 in the July 07 ILoI (Carletta da
> Nicolosi) is not a "New Device".  "Gules, a chevron ermine
> and in base a cross crosslet fitchy Or" was registered via
> Ansteorra May 05.  This should be a "Change of Device" with
> the note that the previous registration is released if the
> submission is registered.  Confirmation requests can be sent
> to the cc: above.

Ah! The device was registered by Deirdre inghean mhic Fhionnain in March
2004.

>   Post Scriptum:  The same situation apparently also happened
> in 2004/2005 with the name submission.  It should have been a
> "Change of Name" from "Deirdre inghean mhic Fhionnain"
> registered April 2003 with the old name released.  I will try
> to have written confirmation available by the decision meeting.

Thank you very much for making this clear. Yes, we will need written
confirmation from the submitter sent to Asterisk (Maria, can you then
forward me a copy?) so we can get the files cleared up and properly handled
at Laurel.

(This is why I really encourage local heralds to take a good look at the top
part of the form when accepting submissions, to make *sure* that the action
type isn't inadvertantly filled out incorrectly...)

-Emma