[ANSTHRLD] possible replacement scrolls

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 10:06:20 PDT 2007

Greetings Viviana,

  Please advise if the scroll was an original or one of the kingdom charter forms.
  I'm assuming you are asking the question because the recipient has requested a replacement?   But, in rereading your post, I see the scroll was not presented, so assume the recipient has not seen it.  You may wish to present it as is and give the recipient options for a replacement, *if* they wish it.

  Personally, I like Francois' answer, as the water damage adds to the history of the scrolls presentation.

  If the water damage is minimal, and would be hidden under a mat board in a frame, then the issue may not be a serious one.  However, I haven't see the scroll so don't know how damaged it is.  If it's minimal, perhaps Steppes will choose to present the scroll framed, so the damage is not visible.  I would suggest you may wish to discuss the matter with the new Baroness Katheryn, so see what she chooses to do; if you haven't already.

  If the scroll is an original, one of the Steppes prize scrolls, I will recommend you to HL Franchesca, the Steppes Scribes Guild Principal, who was responsible for the creation of the prize scrolls.  She *may* be able to replace the scroll if there are duplicates available.

  If the scroll is a Kingdom Award Charter, and it's now after the reign in effect at that time, you may make your request for a replacement scroll for damaged scrolls, to the Golden Scroll scribal officer <Golden_Scroll at ansteorra.org>.  Please provide the scroll specifics (name, crown, date, award, etc).

  If the damaged scroll was during the current reign, you could take your request to the current Sable Scroll officer.

  Please advise if further questions,
  Regards, Hillary Greenslade, Star Signet