[ANSTHRLD] Statant Erect Affronty

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 17 09:55:41 PDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Sweet, Debby <deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu> wrote:
> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Statant Erect Affronty
> I have run across this phrase to describe an animal's position --
> but I can't figure out just what it means.

Some of us can't see the subject line while composing a reply, so
please repeat any information there in the body of the message.

A hurried answer before leavin gfor lunch: standing erect and facing
the viewer.  "THe default for humans is statant affronty (erect comes
with being a biped).  I think bears get treated as s.e.a. with some
freq.

Danett Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com