[ANSTHRLD] August Gazette

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jul 31 09:45:22 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Hedwig von Luneborg <obeliskherald at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sigillarius will post it to the web in .pdf format as always but I
> will not be mailing out any hard copies.  I will however be mailing
> the AG to those of you on the subscription list.  In fact I've just
> done that this morning and I've had one email bounce.

I'm totally confused.  You say you won't be mailing them, then you say
that you have mailed them?  Maybe the second one should have been
"e-mailing"?  If so: what subscription list are you talking about?
I've not heard of an e-mail subscription list; I knew of the paper
subscription list.  And speaking of that, I believe I'm a paid
subscriber, though I've not seen paper in a while: where's the part
about refunds?

Has there been any considering of the fact that the original reason
for the Ansteorran Gazette as a newsletter just went away?
As I recall (but I'm fairly confident on this), Tadhg Liath, or
possibly Da'ud, realized that he was paper-mailing the Ansteorran CoH
with separate mailings for the internal letter, for any announcements
and articles he wanted to send, and with LoI and LoAR results.  He
realized that this was a lot of envelope stuffing and postage; he
decided to consolidate it into one mailing per month, yclept The
Ansteorran Gazette.

Without snail mailing, that particular reason just went away.  Is
there another benefit for one unified monthly document, as opposed to
separate sections that could be posted individually?  Is there any
"cost" (in the sense of labor, effort, delay, whatever) of rolling
them into one document?  (If there's no "cost", then it can be a case
of "*shrug*  No reason not to keep going.")

Danielis Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com