[ANSTHRLD] good book?

radei at moscowmail.com radei at moscowmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:24:08 PDT 2007

I have delt with that work.  It does have its value, but most of the spelling are modernized, althought it does have alternate spelling examples.

It is an excellent source book for geneology.  I was able to trace my mothers's madien name back to 1620 to somerset using that work, and able to find a link to a barony in Wales<AD 1280> that I most likely would not have found any other way as it has been out of family hands since 1530<only females in that generation, so surname changed>.

It will give you links ideas even if not exactlly to period names.  I would use it as a secondary source, but would not try to state it as a primary.  My opinion only.

It is a good find.  congrats

Joy
Radei
Vasil House of the Red Shark
Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

(I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head)

Koala-T Jewelry
Fine Silver and Gem Jewelery
10% Discount for all SCA Members

HTTP://www.basketofjewelry.com

=
San Diego - California Home Builders
Building quality homes in Southern California for over 50 years.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=4c53ff0d3a886922ce9a1e4a529a7b4d