[ANSTHRLD] Public internal commentary problems?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu Jun 14 11:21:02 PDT 2007

Perronnelle

> I don't know if I was the first Retiarius to employ the snark filter,
> but I do remember being specifically asked to do so by Star.  I didn't
> need to use it too often.  I think by then there was a culture in the
> heraldic community to try to be more polite to outsiders.

There was *always* a culture in the heraldic community to be polite to
outsiders.  The change was the simple notion that commentary would ever go
to outsiders.

The snarks were private jokes told privately, and we were regularly
reminded that they were not to be taken back to the submittors.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin