[ANSTHRLD] Mottos etc.

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 08:38:04 PDT 2007

Slight clarification....people can register a "device" before or after
receiving an AoA.  A device can be referred to as "arms" after a person
has received an award which bestows arms.  These registrations are done
at the Society level.

Achievement registration is done at the kingdom level.  From
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/achievements.php, "So what can a person
have at each rank in Ansteorra? Well it depends on the rank and
precedence <OP/> you hold within the SCA".  While this doesn't sound
like a RULE, it does sound like Stellar Scroll Pursuivant will not
register things if you are not entitled to them.

To have an achievement scroll commissioned in Ansteorra, you are
required to have a device registered with the College of Arms, and
(please correct me if I'm wrong) have the achievement elements to be
added registered with the College of Heralds.  Other kingdoms
requirements may vary.

Alden