[ANSTHRLD] Policy question about registering a household name.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jun 15 12:25:57 PDT 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007, Luciana Caterina di Borghese <dolce.luce at gmail.com> wrote:
> If this ends up being a serious request, my next thought would be
> changing the building from a 'castle' to something else (like a
> tower, a village, a house, a barn, etc). Would that still be as
> likely to set off the 'obtrusive modernity' clause?

For plain ol' conflict, the designator is expressly stated in The
Rules to be transparent to conflict.  For presumption or obtrusive
modernity ... I don't know offhand of a precedent, but I wouldn't be
reliable on that.

I'd suggest keeping away from Antrax references, just as a virtuous
act to avoid modern thinking.

Dankyn Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com