[ANSTHRLD] Policy question about registering a household name.

Luciana Caterina di Borghese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:43:15 PDT 2007

On 6/15/07, radei at moscowmail.com <radei at moscowmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't "Anthrax" a deadly bovine origin  biological form?  Do you really
> want to use something that could put you on a government "watch list"?
>
> The whole point of it was to be a play on Castle Anthrax. It was a
humorous idea, that I suspect very much that you had to be there for. Part
of the humor is because Anthrax is a deadly disease. I would not be at all
surprised to find out that Monty Python used it for the exact same reason.
As for the government 'watch list', I see no reason why the Goverment would
feel the need to do that. These days, the governent does not seem to need a
reason for a lot of the stuff it does. Sorry, I would never have thought of
this being a justification until you brought it up.

Still, I brought this to the list because I was concerned that it might go
against the RFS in some way. It appears that it has a very good chance of
doing exactly that. As far as the submittor is concerned, obtrusive
modern-ness is not an issue here. The concern that someone else might
register it, from another kingdom, is. I will have to work on that one.

Many thanks to everyone for the information and opinions.
Luciana

--
В Обслуживании,
Леди Лучане Катерине де Боргезе

"If it's difficult we do it immediately.  If it's impossible it takes a
little longer.......  Miracles by appointment only"