[ANSTHRLD] Mottos etc.

Darlene Vandever annescvb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:44:07 PDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Darin Herndon <DHerndon at chkenergy.com> wrote:

> I want to drop back into this thread about mottos, supporters, etc. long
> enough to make a point about something that I feel is vastly under
> utilized in our kingdom.

I have another possible reason that this is under utilized in the kingdom.
Devices or Arms are made into banners and displayed by pavillion, feast
table, in halls and so on. People all over the kingdom see it, talk about
it, associate it with yourself.

Achievements are on a scroll that hangs on your wall and only people who
visit your home ever see it. If you live far out of an area, very few people
may ever see it. Therefore, few people even know that achievements are
possible and the "OOOO neat!" factor is rather missing. People *do* tend to
want what they see other people having. The motivation of having people look
at it and saying "OOOO neat!" is also missing. People *do* like others to
see their "neat stuff". An "achievement" is just that one thing....a display
of what you have achieved. Yes, you can get a quiet satifaction of looking
at it on wall but everybody also likes to have others know what you have
achieved.

I know that there is no reason not to make a banner or tapestry of your
achievement and take it with you, but *I* don't recall this being done.
Other than the Kingdom's achievement which I've seen displayed, I don't know
of an individual taking the time to have one painted for them. Myself, I
could paint my Arms without a problem on a piece of canvas but the
achievement...even a simple one like I am contemplating....will contain
artwork which is beyond my limited artistic abilities to paint. Considering
the difficulty of finding any artist in the kingdom who isn't already
swamped with requests for scrollwork, it just becomes bigger if you are
asking for a painted canvas.

Annes

"Muneris ultra Sanitas"