[ANSTHRLD] good book?

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Mon Jun 4 17:49:08 PDT 2007

At 04:47 PM 6/4/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>  Found the following book at a library book sell and wondered if anyone
considers it good for SCA name resource.  I didn't find it on Jaelle's book
list.

>  Surnames of the United Kingdom: a Concise Etymological Dictionary (Two
Volumes in One) (Paperback) by Henry Harrison (Author)

>  Cheers, Hillary

I haven't heard of it before.  What you'll want to look at is (1) does it
have dated examples? and (2) if it does, do they look like the spellings
haven't been modernized or standardized?  You can usually tell this by
seeing different spellings of the same name under an entry.

Hope this helps,

Mari