[ANSTHRLD] Mottos etc.

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 10:27:44 PDT 2007

Examples of supporters are hard to find.  Fox-Davies has a few examples, but they aren't in heraldic dictionaries like charges are.  Borek has some good renderings of helms and mantelling on his heraldic art CD.

  I'm changing one of my supporters because I can't find a rendering of it (Eagle) -- probably means it's NPS.  I not only want to have the achievement on a canvas like you mentioned, but also hope to have wooden supporters and top-piece with helm and mantelling to hold a standard banner.  Just a thought.

  Tostig

Darlene Vandever <annescvb at gmail.com> wrote:
    I have another possible reason that this is under utilized in the kingdom.
Devices or Arms are made into banners and displayed by pavillion, feast
table, in halls and so on. People all over the kingdom see it, talk about
it, associate it with yourself.

Achievements are on a scroll ...

I know that there is no reason not to make a banner or tapestry of your
achievement and take it with you, but *I* don't recall this being done.
Other than the Kingdom's achievement which I've seen displayed, I don't know
of an individual taking the time to have one painted for them. Myself, I
could paint my Arms without a problem on a piece of canvas but the
achievement...even a simple one like I am contemplating....will contain
artwork which is beyond my limited artistic abilities to paint. Considering
the difficulty of finding any artist in the kingdom who isn't already
swamped with requests for scrollwork, it just becomes bigger if you are
asking for a painted canvas.

Annes

"Muneris ultra Sanitas"