[ANSTHRLD] Suggestions needed

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 08:18:38 PST 2007

A bugler sounding calls is different from a musician playing a horn.
The purpose of bugle calls is to gain the attention of an audience and
provide instruction.  This is in keeping with the function of a herald,
so a trumpeter sounding calls would effectively be serving a role as a
herald, or deputy herald.  I would also add a trumpeter who sounds a
call prior to an event taking place, like opening court with a fanfare
of trumpets, or signaling that an announcement is to be made (as in your
example).  They are purposefully trying to get everyone's attention,
much like a herald crying "Oyez!".

Alden