[ANSTHRLD] How do you submit a populace ensign?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Nov 10 09:30:34 PST 2007

> By precedent, you are always assumed to allow conflict with
> yourself.

That's about my only remaining contribution to SCA heraldry.
Not the ruling, mind you: it had long been Laurel policy.
My contribution was lobbying Zenobia Wreath to write an explicit
ruling that I hope makes it into the compiled precedents.

  Timothy of Glastinbury. Badge. Azure, a billet argent.

    It has been requested that the long-standing SCA tradition of
    assuming that a submitter automatically grants himself permission
    to conflict should finally be enshrined, in writing, in these
    hallowed LoARs. Therefore, let it be explicitly known that a
    submitter is assumed to give himself permission to conflict with
    all names and armory registered to him individually or
    jointly. Thus, this badge is not held to conflict with the
    submitter's registered device, Azure billety argent.

(The "or jointly" may actually have been an extension of the
tradition.)

Dannet de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com