[ANSTHRLD] Suggestions needed

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Nov 9 09:31:35 PST 2007

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> (Yes, a shire has ruling nobles -- they are the King and the Queen.)

That's something of a "tree falls in the forest" moot point, but I
think it's not true.  A shire cannot register an order or award name.
I think it's arguable in Corpora (as is so much) as to whether the
king and queen can establish an award for a particular shire.

> [The arms of a shire] can also be displayed at a shire event or
> encampment in a central location that indicates the branch, rather
> than any individual members of it.

More generally, it can be displayed as arms of the body corporate,
like banners for the warband of the shire on the field, the seal of
the shire, the shire Web pages, et cetera.

Danyll de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com