[ANSTHRLD] How do you submit a populace ensign?

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:13:09 PST 2007

> This is taken from Heralds page so that is right.  If I want to remove
> the laurel wreath to make it denote the populace would that make it:
> Argent, on a saltire gules a tower Or
>
> If we wanted to add a colored border how would we do that?

Add the bordure.  :)
The saltire with the tower has two non-SCA conflicts which are rather fatal:

Fitzgerald - registered with the SCA in December of 1994 (via Laurel):
Argent, a saltire gules.

Ireland, Ancient - registered with the SCA in December of 1994 (via
Laurel): Argent, a saltire gules.

It looks like a bordure in any tincture will clear these conflicts and
cause no others.  Vert would be nice, as it'd reflect the tincture of
your laurel wreath.

- Teceangl