[ANSTHRLD] How do you submit a populace ensign?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sat Nov 10 10:50:29 PST 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Crandall <crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Don't forget the polling from the populous for the badge.

"Populace".

What polling?  Laurel requires a signed petition only for the branch's
primary SCA name and its arms.  I don't believe that kingdom requires
anything extra.  You can get signatures on a petition if you want, but
kingdom and Laurel won't look at it.  As a kingdom external
submissions herald, I tossed unneeded petitions rather than send them
to Laurel.  (But I was experienced and knew exactly which petitions
were needed and which were not.)

That said: I'm a great believer in getting buy-in from the group and
getting consensus.  In this case, it's supposed to be the symbol that
people can wear to say "I'm an adherent of this group", so I opine
that it's extra important.

But what I'd do in such a case is take it to a populous (==
well-attended) populace meeting, explain about the use of an ensign
and how it's not registered, explain the conflict, and ask "Can I go
ahead with submitting this?"  If anyone has a concern, then I'd work
it out, with "work it out" varying depending on the concerns
concerned.

Danielis de Lindicolino
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com