[ANSTHRLD] A question about flowers

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 16:30:35 PST 2007

You're thinking of oak leaves proper and roses proper.  Both sets of secondaries are blazoned sable.  It's just the fru-fru that's proper on the roses.

  Tostig

Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
  Britt wrote:
> > > (Argent, a chevron cotised gules between three oak leaves
> > > sable.) followed by another accepted 3 months later (Argent,
> > > a chevron cotised gules between three roses sable barbed and
> > > seeded proper.) that doesn't seem to have 2 CDs.
>
> Freaks you out, doesn't it? I returned from a
> commenting hiatus and discovered something one CD from my device had
> been registered, without comment, like the registration that conflicts
> with yours.

Hmm. Why does it not get one for the tincture of the secondaries (RfS X.4.d) (oak leaves are vert and roses gules) and a second for the type of the secondary (RfS X.4.e)?
-----
d. Tincture Changes - Changing the tinctures or division of any group of charges placed directly on the field, including strewn charges or charges overall, is one clear difference.

. . .

e. Type Changes - Significantly changing the type of any group of charges placed directly on the field, including strewn charges or charges overall, is one clear difference.
-----
Since they are directly on the field I would say it meets the requirements of both rules and thus 2 CDs. What am I missing?

Alasdair