[ANSTHRLD] pictorial armorial

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:28:19 PDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Eirik <eirik at hot.rr.com> wrote:
> It might be a good idea for someone to contact some of the people taking
> care of the Rolls of Arms for other Kingdoms and see what can be learned
> about the organization and challenges they encountered. This could save some
> time and energy for everyone involved in the project.

FWIW, even though I'm not the Precedence herald anymore, I'm probably
the best contact for the Outlands for the programmy end, as I am one
of the main programmers/database designers for our Roll of Arms site
and Precedence site.

They run on PHP/MySQL and use the same database on the back end, so
they're all linked up, and have easy web-based interfaces for the
OP/RoA heralds to add people, awards, and armory.  The code really
could use a cleanup, but I would be willing to share it as a basis for
other people to use.

Our Roll of Arms herald (Wharrow Herald) typically redoes the devices
so that they're in a generally standard style, shape, etc. though the
submitter is always allowed to have exactly the image that they
submitted (at which point the scanner is brought to bear).  He's
currently going through the older images (done by previous heralds),
some of which were pretty ... pixelly done, and updating them.

Marie
the outlandish lurker