[ANSTHRLD] Bends and Bendlets - can you have a single bendlet?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Sep 20 19:44:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Robert Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Papworth's Ordinary blazons several period arms as ".. a bendlet
> ...".  A more trustworthy source than the emblazons of Foster's
> Dictionary

I don't know whether Papworth blazoned those things himself.  It
doesn't seem unlikely, given the number of blazons like "... a bend
between six eagles ... and a chief ...", which makes me think that he
was looking at an untinctured representation (a seal, a carved stone,
whatever).

I think it would be much better to have actual pictures to show the
CoA.

Danielis Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com