[ANSTHRLD] [Elfsea] June LOAR results for Ansteorra

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Sep 30 12:35:33 PDT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Lisa Wolfe <hlarabella at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luciana:
>> This is to announce Laurel's decision reguarding Ansteorra's name
>> and device submissions for the month of December 2006.

It should be mentioned that that's the June 2007 LoAR -- "should be
mentioned" because the actions will be cited in the future as the date
of the LoAR, not the date they were originally submitted.

> Hey just asking.....
> where is
> Roger de Cornwall  - name and device?

Items submitted last December are just now having their Laurel
decisions announced.  Roger de Cornwall was submitted to kingdom in
July.  So if the Laurel office keeps the same pace, you can expect to
hear about his name in July + 9 months == April 2008 or so.  It can't
be in the June decisions.

Such questions can usually be researched via the Ansteorran Heraldic
Submissions Tracker at <http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/>.  (The
Ansteorran heraldic pages at <http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/> have a
lot more useful information.)

It appears that his device was returned by kingdom but his name will
be sent up.  The October Ansteorran Gazette explains the reasons, but
perhaps Arbalest would like a chance to send the submitter the return
letter before other people chime in.  I'll just note that the changes
to Rules for Submission VII, in particular the expansion of RfS VII.4,
Period Flora and Fauna, would affect a resubmission that involves
maize in particular.  But the NE Calontir comments are pretty
interesting, esp. pointing out that "corn" in period referred to the
most common grain of the area, so that would likely have been wheat in
period Cornwall, which the submitter might like to consider in a resub.

Dannet de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com