[ANSTHRLD] I have another client who is interested in a Quarterly field partition

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Sun Sep 30 16:10:01 PDT 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Mike Wyvill <wyvillmike at hotmail.com> wrote:
> She wants a charge in quarters 1 and 4. Quarters 2 and 3 are to be
> argent. Is that considered to be marshaling?

The Rules for Submission at <http://sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html>.
For this particular question, please see
    <http://sca.org/heraldry/laurel/rfs.html#11.3>
    RfS XI.3, Marshalling
It lists the criteria for determining that something is or is not
marshalled.

You might find it useful to reply to the list and show how each aspect
does or does not violate the rule, so others can agree or point out
disagreements -- it's not the best-worded or easiest rule in the book.
If so, you should also provide the blazon, because whether it's
considered marshalling or not depends on several details of the design
that you didn't provide.

This e-mail was made possible by a grant from the Piscator Pedagogy
Foundation.

Danett de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com