[ANSTHRLD] Permission to conflict??

radei at moscowmail.com radei at moscowmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:35:02 PDT 2008

Your defination of "Fraud" is questionable.

"Terms and Conditions of service may change without notice" is a standard in credit cards, and other service contracts.  Take a look at the fine print in any of the terms of service for any of your personal "Contracts".

The Service Provider, hereafter known as the Company, reserves the right to change terms at any time.  Unless the customer responds in a reasonable time it is termed an acceptance of new "Terms of Service".

I do not mean we should change the service, just an observation of the world as it exists.

> I was told that my armory and name would be protected if I paid the fee and
> it passed.  I was told that nobody else could register my armory without my
> consent.  That's what I paid for.  Why are we looking for a way to not
> protect armory that people paid good money to protect?  The act of
> registration for a fee is a valid legal contract.
>
> I realize that there's a lot of armory from people who joined, registered
> something and then left forever.  I recognize the frustrations in trying to
> avoid conflict , but we said we would protect it, and we have to do it.
> The technical term for accepting money for a service and then changing the
> conditions of service unilaterally is "fraud".
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Radei
Vasil House of the Red Shark
Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis