[ANSTHRLD] KWHSS 2009

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Thu Apr 24 10:48:45 PDT 2008

> Between Mid-June and August 2009 there are numerous open weekends on the
> calendar that are ripe for an indoor event. :)

I haven't looked at our kingdom calendar yet (will do that in a second), but
the rules of thumbs for KWHS (including Ansteorra specific ones) are:

- target college "summer break" as many of the attendees and teachers are
mundanely professors (or otherwise associated with schools)

- don't go against Pennsic

- if you're close to Calontir (and we are!), try not to go against Lilies

- the hosting group should not have another event too near KWHS

- traditionally Ansteorra has not had AHSS when we've hosted KWHS

Here's a tentative calendar based on the Ansteorra calendar and other stuff.
The dates for Lilies are a guess only.

May 2009 (A.S. XLIV)
1-3	too early?	Loch Guardian - Loch Soilleir (Clear Lake, TX) *PED*
8-10	too early?
15-17	too early?	Coronation/King's Champion - TBD
22-24			Steppes Warlord - Steppes (Dallas, TX) *PED*
29-31			Queen's Champion - TBD

June 2009 (A.S. XLIV)
5-7			Castellan - Northkeep (Tulsa, OK) *PED*
12-14	Lillies?	King's College - TBD
19-21   Lillies?
26-28

July 2009 (A.S. XLIV)
3-5
10-12			Crown Tournament - TBD (North/Central)
17-19			King's Round Table - TBD
24-26
31-2	Pennsic

August 2009 (A.S. XLIV)
7-9	Pennsic
14-16	Pennsic
21-23   Too late?
28-30   Too late?

Based on this, the last weekend in June looks best.  Thoughts?  Any idea of a
group that might like to host it?  It works well if you have a bunch of non-
heralds in the group since the support staff is often what makes KWHS work
well or not.

Mari
P.S.  This would be about time for Ansteorra to do it again - we throw one
about every 9 years...