[ANSTHRLD] KWHSS 2009

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 24 20:13:07 PDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Aubree Pham <muirenn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alternately, it's entirely possible to contract with a
> college/university to use their space *as* a camp, providing housing
> & such in their dorms.  Is it viable for a three day event?

We did exactly that at Rice University in 2000, the last Ansteorran
KWHSS.

> End of June/beginning of July.  Horrible for the heat & such around
> here [Emerald Keep]

Not so much humidity in Austin.

> but if we're doing an indoor venue anyway it's not so much of an
> issue.

Since 1998: Tucson, Uppsala, Houston, Minneapolis, Orlando, Saint
Louis, Harrisburg, Longmont CO, New Orleans, Los Angeles, London, all
in summer or early fall.
So
(1) I'm not thinking that heat is too much of an impediment.
(2) Sort of an even-year hot rotation, though not at all strictly so.

Danyell de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com