[ANSTHRLD] New feature in the online Order of Precedence - your help needed!

Zodiacus Herald zodiacus1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 20:58:21 PDT 2008

Greetings!

I'd like to thank Master Francois la Flamme, who has recently done a lot of
work to improve our online Order of Precedence.  I'm particularly excited
about the new Group Search functionality, which enables you to pull a report
of all the award recipients in a particular group, resulting in what is
effectively a local version of the OP.

Here's how you can try it out:

1. Go to http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/

2. Under "Interactive Search of the Roll of Precedence," click the *Group
Search* link.

3. Select your group from the drop down menu.

4. Choose either a simple list (names and precedence numbers only) or a
detailed list (names, precedence numbers, and awards).

However, I need your help to ensure that this functionality will produce
accurate and complete reports.  At this time, group affiliations must be
entered by hand, and many entries lack current group information.  Please
take a few minutes to check your own OP entry, and drop me a note if I need
to add or edit the name of your group.

To view your OP entry:

1. Go to http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/

2. Under "Interactive Search of the Roll of Precedence," click the *Name
Search* link.

3. Type your name in the text bar and click *Search*.

4. Review the "Group from" box in the upper right corner of your OP entry –
it should contain the name of the group where you live.

5. If your group name is blank or incorrect, send me an email at
zodiacus at herald.ansteorra.org with the correct information.

Local heralds, seneschals, or nobility are welcome and encouraged to send a
roster of corrections for members of their own group.  Otherwise, please
send corrections only for your own entry.

Again, many thanks to Master Francois for all his hard work on this project!

In service,
Sara Penrose
Zodiacus Herald